Saturday, February 28, 2009

Barack Obama

The 44th President of the United States. My hero. This man does not know the affects that he has had on my life. In all my 21 years of being on this planet, I would have never imagined that this nation would elected a black man as president. And yes, his momma is white, but he calls himself black and that should be respected.

I have watched him go from the junior senator of Illinois to leader of the free world in a matter of months. I was in Washington D.C. when he was sworn in. He really motivates me to work hard and my goals can be achieved. He truly is an inspiration.

However, there are many that do not share my sentiments. The infamous NY Post cartoon:
Oh hell no! So what exactly was the NY Post insinuating here? Looks to me like the people over at the Post are encouraging an assassination attempt on my beloved Barack. The Post however, stated that cartoon was simply illustrated to represent the ineptly written stimulus bill. The Post has since issued a formal apology, but not before the NAACP(of which I am apart) issued a call to Americans to boycott The New York Post. Now you know I was down for that especially since I don't read that shitty paper anyways. How they are still in my city, baffles me.

So many people mad that this man is president. And we are supposed to be in a post racial society. Yeah, ok. We never were. Only 43% of white people who voted in 2008, voted for Barack Obama. Doesn't sound very post racial to me. But people can believe what they want, and Mr. Obama will still be President.

No comments: