Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Natural Hair

So I'm thinking about going natural. I have been a slave to the creamy crack(relaxer cremes) for too long. I just love the versatility of natural hair that I just cannot get with relaxed hair.

Her hair is amazing.

So many delusional black women have been conned into think that their natural hair is sub par and that relaxed her is "better" and "easy to manage". I say this is bullshit. They've never even tried to manage their hair. They just slab on a relaxer as soon as they see one wave. It's ridiculous. It's women like that that make black women look bad. Their hair never gets past shoulder length because they put ridiculous harsh chemicals on their hair every four weeks. The wear the same shoulder length hair but say it's versatile.

I have vowed that when I have children, I will not relax their hair(you can hold me to it). I can't teach them to love themselves an love all the features that God gave them if I continue to relax my own hair.

Some people think that they will not get respect in the workplace if they do not have straight hair but I just don't buy it. If your workplace cannot accept the fact that you are black and have kinky, curly, black, afro-textured hair, then you probably shouldn't be working there. They have no respect for you or who you are.

I am a big face of hair forums such as Black Hair Media and Long Hair Care Forum. These two sites have really opened me up to the possibility of going natural and embracing the hair that I was born to have.

1 comment:

Lala said...

It is true harsh chemicals damage hair.